Stress is common to all. People stress often. Stress happens both in humans and animals. We are sure that the majority of us are dealing with stress on a regular basis, maybe even right now.
11 SIGNS YOU ARE STRESSED
What is stress?
Term stress was coined by Hans Selye in 1936. Stress is a way of response in our body that usually affects us in a negative way.
There are various stimuli that work to produce stress. These stimuli are both external and internal.
However, there are situations where we are not even aware we are dealing with stress.
Recommended – 13 Easiest Ways to Cope with Stress
Here are 11 signs you are dealing with stress:
1. The most common symptom in this category is muscle stiffness and pain. Headaches and Chest pain is also observed when a person is stressing.
2. Change in metabolism, people who often go through stress report upset stomach or stomach pain.
3. Problem with sleeping, also another common symptom that you are stressing is a problem with sleeping. It can manifest in sleep advancing, change in sleep pattern and simply not being able to sleep.
4. Increased susceptibility to cold or feeling feverish often is also a common sign that you might stress chronically.
5. Getting easily frustrated or irritated. The most obvious sign is a typical moody behavior where one gets easily angry or annoyed by small triggers.
6. Avoiding others is another common sign that indicated we are stressing. Generally, when we are stressed, we usually aren’t interested in socializing.
7. Stress induces lack of motivation in a person makes him much more pessimistic in his outlook. The drive is missing.
8. Getting overwhelmed is not a good feeling. Results in the loss of control and emotion. Our emotions become overbearing. This is also another common sign of stress.
9. The surest sign that is common to all is racing thoughts. Ever had a feeling that you a jumping from one thought to another. These thoughts are usually unresolved thoughts that bombard us off-guard.
10. Inability to focus is a classic symptom of stress. Often when one is stressing then are retentivity and ability to focus reduces.