As we all know that stress becomes a disease in our daily life. It’s important to recognize the common causes of stress at work so that you can take steps to reduce stress levels where possible. Workplace stress can be caused by a number of factors – from heavy workloads and over-promotion to bullying and blame culture. Stress is harmful to your mental health it can also take a toll on your physical health as well.
People who have been suffering from stress are more prone to heart attacks and other heart-related issues.
Today we have compiled a list of some 13 Common Causes of Stress at Workplace.
Have a look:
13 Common Causes of Stress at Workplace include:
- Excessively high workloads, with unrealistic deadlines making people feel rushed, under pressure and overwhelmed.
- Not able to fully utilize your skills, lack of work.
- A lack of control over work activities.
- A lack of interpersonal support or poor working relationships leading to a sense of isolation.
- Not enough experience for a particular job.
- Difficulty settling into a new promotion. Having a hard time adjusting with new people and not sure if people are listening to you.
- Concerns about job security, lack of career opportunities, or level of pay.
- Bullying or harassment.
- A blame culture within your business where people are afraid to get things wrong or to admit to making mistakes.
- Weak or ineffective management which leaves employees feeling they don’t have a sense of direction. Or over-management, which can leave employees feeling undervalued and affect their self-esteem.
- Multiple reporting lines for employees, with each manager asking for their work to be prioritized.
- failure to keep employees informed about significant changes to the business, causing them uncertainty about their future.
- A poor physical working environment, eg excessive heat, cold or noise, inadequate lighting, uncomfortable seating, malfunctioning equipment, etc.
These were the 13 Common Causes of Stress at Workplace. Do you think we miss something? Let us know it the comment section below.