In today’s world, it is quite easy to get overwhelmed with balancing the workload at the office and one’s private life. It is no surprise then recently Word Health Organisation called Stress a worldwide epidemic and have called for actions across the countries to deal with this issue and how to cope with stress.
In this article, I will highlight some of the ways you can manage and deal with your stress issues in an effective manner. The best thing about these tips is that it doesn’t involve any medication of any kind but tinkering of your overall routine.
Cope with Stress [13 Easiest Ways]
What is Stress?
But first of all, what is stress? It is often a physical response in the body to either mental or a personal situation. In such situations stress hormones are released in a body that triggers in the body what is called ‘fight or flight’ response. It is a state of the body which meant only for emergency situations like facing a tiger or an accident. But in today’s world stress is being triggered by our daily routine, and the workplace is the most common trigger. For students, stress is often triggered by anxiety driven by exams.
The harmful effects of stress are manifold and range from physical problems like headaches, fatigue, and even upset stomachs to mental problems like depression. Research has also linked stress with issues like high blood pressure, heart diseases and other serious issues.
Recommended – 10 Hacks to Improve Your Memory That Actually Works
How to Deal with Stress in the Most Effective Way
Now, this all sounds ominous and you may be wondering how to deal with increasing issues of stress. Do not worry as I will provide you with a comprehensive list of ways to deal with stress in your daily life. I have divided this list into three broad aspects of your life that you can bring in to counter stress: Mind, Body, and Action
There are certain things that you can do in order to curb your rising stress levels. The first, Mind, deals with things that you can do on the mental level.
- Changing Perspective – One of the ways you can reduce your stress is the change the way you think about work or any situation that may arise. It is always important to keep reminding yourself of the important things in life.
- Doing Your Best – Instead of thinking being perfect at everything you do, try to think of giving your best so that you don’t pressure yourself into trying to achieve something unachievable.
- Being Positive – You should always try to be positive when approaching anything as any negative thought can lead to anxiety and stress.
- Learning About Triggers – Another thing that you can do is writing down your feelings whenever you feel stressed in order to find out what triggers it. This will help you know about the triggers which will enable you to deal with them efficiently.
Recommended – Awesome Free Online Courses to Boost Your Resume
This section focuses on the things that you can do physically to deal with stress.
- Exercise – First and foremost you should workout daily in order to keep your body fit. Anything from jogging to a full body workout will do as the key is to keep your body physically fit to face the problems of the world.
- Balanced Diet – A well-balanced diet is also a vital part of being physically and mentally healthy. Having a balanced diet complements your workout routine in keeping the body fit.
- Limit Alcohol and Cigarettes Intake – If you are a regular drinker or a smoker, it is advisable to limit these two as studies have shown a higher consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leading to stress issues. An occasional drink or two won’t be an issue but heavy drinking should be avoided.
- Good Sleep – Finally, it is essential to take care of your body and get in a good number of hours of sleep. It is recommended to get at least 8 hours of sleep to keep your body healthy.
Steps that you can take in your daily routine in order to curb your stress levels.
- Staying Organised – One of the best ways is to keep yourself organised by making and following a set routine. Make realistic goals for yourself to achieve so that you can feel good after achieving them.
- Breathing Exercises – Another unique way to keep a check on your stress is to practice breathing exercises. Just try taking deep breaths whenever your feeling stress creeping up your sleeve and repeat this for few minutes.
- Take Short Breaks – You should also keep taking little breaks in between work in order to give yourself a little cool down before you begin with your next project.
- Help Others – Sometimes it helps to help others deal with their problems. This not only creates a sense of fraternal bonding with others but also it allows you to be active in things which are not work-related which may help in feeling good about yourself.
- Seeking Help – Getting help from a professional is also a wise option. You should definitely consider doing this if other tips aren’t working out for you.
So, friends here you have 13 tips to deal with and reduce your stress levels and help you enjoy a stress-less life! Till then, cheers and be awesome