Teaching is a wonderful career. It provides one with an opportunity to contribute positively to society. They contribute in Nation building. As a school teacher provides for building strong foundation in terms of capacity, ability and moral character in students. Teachers build social capital of nation.
In our country they are respected for their role in society. Usually kept in high regards. School teacher, as a career choice can be a goal of many, motivations being
Respect in society
Relatively less taxing job
Get time to pursue leisure
Getting a teaching job requires certain certification and educational requirements which makes you fit/eligible for teaching preschool, primary, secondary and high school level.
In terms of remuneration
Becoming a school teacher is relatively easier than cracking a bank exam or any other aptitude based exams. In many cases government teachers draw upon more if not equivalent salary than entry level bank officer or SSC jobs. However, becoming teacher requires one to go through a process. This means it is more than just giving an exam and getting the role. It requires one to go through several stages to become a teacher.
The article provides for fastest ways to become school teacher. Naturally a preschool or kindergarten teacher’s requirement would be different from high school teacher.
Keeping that in mind following are the ways :
Preschool Or Kindergarten level,
- A Graduation is required preferably in Diploma in Education (D.ed). A certificate in Nursery teachers training would get you into Preschool level teaching. (since many schools ask for it)
- Another way would be to, on completion of 12th can go for Association of Montessori Internationale courses. In some course 10 + 2 is minimum requirement.
- Salary of 30- 35 k monthly
Primary and Secondary level
- Fastest way would be to pursue Diploma in Elementary education (D.el.ed). Would be of two years only. Can pursue after completion of 12th.
- Although Bachelor in Education (B.ed) is recommended.
- Should prepare for CTET (Central Teachers Eligibility Test). Clearing CTET, one can apply to contractual teaching jobs.
- Upon qualifying CTET one becomes eligible. Further State board or Central board exam(DSSSB, KVS exam) has to given to get employed
- Can also give STET (State level eligibility) for state schools.
- Salary of Government teacher through CTET route would earn 40-50k monthly.
Higher Secondary (11 and 12th standard),
- PGT level (Postgraduate Teacher)
- Fastest way would be to pursue Graduation in Education (B.Ed). And masters in desired subject.
- Clear the Central TET exam for higher secondary. Upon clearing you become eligible to apply for Central exams such as KVS exam, NVS (Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti) etc.
- Salary 50-60k Monthly.
A school teacher is the pillar on which the whole nation building process take place. Teachers are the important constituent in imparting knowledge with ethics. Certainly a career in teaching is fulfilling and desired for, if you you’re thinking to become a school teacher we can help guide you. You can also take the personality test to understand yourself better.
Ending with a beautiful quote,
“Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.” A.P.J Abdul Kalam