Reading Time: 3 minutes
Stress is common to all. People stress often. Stress happens both in humans and animals. We are sure that the majority of us are dealing with stress on a regular basis, maybe even right now.
11 SIGNS YOU ARE STRESSED
What is stress?
Term stress was coined by Hans Selye in 1936. Stress is a way of response in our body that usually affects us in a negative way.
There are various stimuli that work to produce stress. These stimuli are both external and internal.
However, there are situations where we are not even aware we are dealing with stress.
Here are 11 signs you are dealing with stress:
1. The most common symptom in this category is muscle stiffness and pain. Headaches and Chest pain is also observed when a person is stressing.
2. Change in metabolism, people who often go through stress report upset stomach or stomach pain.
3. Problem with sleeping, also another common symptom that you are stressing is a problem with sleeping. It can manifest in sleep advancing, change in sleep pattern and simply not being able to sleep.
4. Increased susceptibility to cold or feeling feverish often is also a common sign that you might stress chronically.
5. Getting easily frustrated or irritated. The most obvious sign is a typical moody behavior where one gets easily angry or annoyed by small triggers.
6. Avoiding others is another common sign that indicated we are stressing. Generally, when we are stressed, we usually aren’t interested in socializing.
7. Stress induces lack of motivation in a person makes him much more pessimistic in his outlook. The drive is missing.
8. Getting overwhelmed is not a good feeling. Results in the loss of control and emotion. Our emotions become overbearing. This is also another common sign of stress.
9. The surest sign that is common to all is racing thoughts. Ever had a feeling that you a jumping from one thought to another. These thoughts are usually unresolved thoughts that bombard us off-guard.
10. Inability to focus is a classic symptom of stress. Often when one is stressing then are retentivity and ability to focus reduces.
11. Forgetfulness, research shows that stress can have a debilitating impact on our memory. Stress makes it difficult for one to create short-term memories or turning short term memory to long term.
These are commonest signs that you might be stressing. We suggest you kindly talk to someone or seek help.
Reading Time: 2 minutes
As we all know that stress becomes a disease in our daily life. It’s important to recognize the common causes of stress at work so that you can take steps to reduce stress levels where possible. Workplace stress can be caused by a number of factors – from heavy workloads and over-promotion to bullying and blame culture. Stress is harmful to your mental health it can also take a toll on your physical health as well.
People who have been suffering from stress are more prone to heart attacks and other heart-related issues.
Today we have compiled a list of some 13 Common Causes of Stress at Workplace.
Have a look:
13 Common Causes of Stress at Workplace include:
- Excessively high workloads, with unrealistic deadlines making people feel rushed, under pressure and overwhelmed.
- Not able to fully utilize your skills, lack of work.
- A lack of control over work activities.
- A lack of interpersonal support or poor working relationships leading to a sense of isolation.
- Not enough experience for a particular job.
- Difficulty settling into a new promotion. Having a hard time adjusting with new people and not sure if people are listening to you.
- Concerns about job security, lack of career opportunities, or level of pay.
- Bullying or harassment.
- A blame culture within your business where people are afraid to get things wrong or to admit to making mistakes.
- Weak or ineffective management which leaves employees feeling they don’t have a sense of direction. Or over-management, which can leave employees feeling undervalued and affect their self-esteem.
- Multiple reporting lines for employees, with each manager asking for their work to be prioritized.
- failure to keep employees informed about significant changes to the business, causing them uncertainty about their future.
- A poor physical working environment, eg excessive heat, cold or noise, inadequate lighting, uncomfortable seating, malfunctioning equipment, etc.
These were the 13 Common Causes of Stress at Workplace. Do you think we miss something? Let us know it the comment section below.