Writing is a form of expression. There are many who enjoy writing, it could be in form of journal writing, diary entry, technical writing, blogging, writing to learn, research or just jotting down your thoughts to de-clutter your mind.
One of the most famous people who loved writing was Anne Frank. She wrote a diary entry before and during the time of German holocaust of Jews. Today her diary entry is one of the best sellers.
Career in Writing
Here are 9 different ways you can earn via writing,
- Blogger: Blogging can help you earn in dollars. Blogging is writing your content over the digital landscape.
In your blog, you can write about your thoughts, knowledge, domain-specific knowledge, concepts, self-improvement and perhaps whatever you feel is useful for others so that they may visit your blog.
If you are new, then you can start off by blogger or WordPress.
Indian blogger Amit Aggarwal earns about 15 lakh in rupees through blogging in a month.
- Content writer: upcoming startups and companies from time to time require people who have expertise in content writing.
As the name indicates you write content for the company you are assigned to.
A content writer earns modest about 20,000 INR monthly. Overtime getting recognized you can earn good here, a modest estimate would be 50,000 INR monthly.
Recommended – Top Career Paths in the Field of Non-Medical
- Creative writing: In the age of the gig economy, more informal labor is coming up replacing the conventional form of labor.
Creative writing is one such job/labor which becomes hard to define in terms of conventional labor.
It is a flexible domain where you would be hired for writing poems, novels, short story writing many others.
Earnings are domain specific, variation is there as per demand and your skill level.
- Copywriters: As a copywriter, you are responsible for marketing content, simply put the text of a billboard, advertisement, website, e-mail, etc.
The emphasis is on the marketing aspect. Hence, your work is making consumer read and sprung to action. The job of a copywriter is usually of freelance and are hired from time to time as per requirement. Salary is good, for example, may earn as much 30$ per hour of work in Canada and USA.
- Social Media Managers: With Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and many others platforms competing for larger consumer base, there is demand for managing accounts of influential persons, companies, startups as everyone is on social media these days.
An SMM (Social Media Manager) looks after your social media strategy. He/she works in a company to produce good content, analyze data, campaigning, monitoring content on social media.
If you are starting, earning is about 25,000 to 35000 INR monthly.
Recommended – Jobs For Travelers | 10 Fascinating Job Opportunity
- Columnist: A columnist is one who writes for a publication. A publisher can be a newspaper, magazine, novel, content on websites/blog sites, commentaries and opinions.
As a columnist, you offer your opinion on the matter concerned or demanded. It involves a certain level of expertise.
If you have done your graduation in journalism from a good college then you can earn modest 25,000 INR monthly.
- Ghostwriters: Are individuals who are hired for literary work. However, they are not credited for it. Usually, a ghostwriter is someone who will write for company/author without being credited for. However, they are paid for it.
There are companies which market themselves as ghostwriters to provide content for other companies/individuals.
Former US president Barack Obama was a ghostwriter. Earning is variable depends on how credible is your work is.
- Scriptwriter: A Scriptwriter is one who writes for TV serials, Movies, Gaming, Plays, etc. As a scriptwriter, you must be creative in story writing and literature.
Scriptwriters are also called screenwriters. More or less the work is similar.
As a new person entering Bollywood gives a modest 25,000 INR monthly. An experienced person would be getting 50,000 INR monthly.
- Resume writers: They are hired to make your resume look attractive. Resume writers have expertise when comes to showcasing your resume to top colleges abroad. This helps one increase their chances of getting into top colleges.
Certain colleges have certain specifications regarding how your resume and proposal should be, resume writers have their expertise on it.
As a resume writer, you would be earning modest 25,000 INR monthly if your work is good. These were 9 ways you could earn from your hobby of writing.